There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
User Support Technician
EmployerAce Management Consulting Ltd.
Date PostedMay 22, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $28.85 hourly
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 21, 2023
Ace Management Consulting Ltd.
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
- Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
- Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
- Participate in the redesign of applications and other software
- Supervise other technical support workers in this group
- Provide business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties
Computer and technology knowledge
- Device drivers
- Networking hardware
- Desktop applications
Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
2 years to less than 3 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information from user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions; and in collecting, organizing and maintaining problems and solution logs for use by other technical support analysts
Interest in assisting computer users by assessing and responding to their technical difficulties; may supervise other technical support workers
Interest in precision working to provide first-line technical support and advice to computer users
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.