Veterinarian, Companion Animals
EmployerCypress View Veterinary Clinic Ltd.
Date PostedJanuary 05, 2023
Location Medicine Hat, AB
Earnings $96,000.00 to $120,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 15, 2023
Cypress View Veterinary Clinic Ltd.
Degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or optometry
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association Certification
- Licensure by provincial or territorial authorities
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Eligible for professional liability insurance
- Criminal record check
Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Fast-paced environment
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Experience an asset
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Wellness program
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating information to diagnose and treat sick and injured animals, and to prescribe medications; may conduct veterinary research, co-ordinate the operations of animal hospitals, clinics and mobile services to farms, and may enforce government regulations in disease control and food production including animal and animal-based food inspection
Interest in precision working with scientific instruments and medical equipment to diagnose diseases and perform surgery
Interest in mentoring by treating sick and injured animals, by advising clients on proper care of animals and by providing euthanasia services
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.