Warehouse Worker - Material Handling
EmployerCity Furniture GP Ltd
Date PostedJanuary 09, 2023
Location Grande Prairie, AB
Earnings $19.00 to $21.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 08, 2023
City Furniture GP Ltd
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Urban area
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Retail/wholesale establishment/distribution centre
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment
- Operate a variety of equipment to load, unload and move materials and products
- Pick orders and stock
- Provide customer service
- Wrap goods
- Pack and unpack goods
- Transport and distribute materials and goods
- Organize and maintain inventory
Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Positive attitude
- Quick learner
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to perform other material handling activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking
Interest in feeding - offbearing to move household appliances and furniture on and off moving trucks and vans
Interest in arranging articles in vans to form compact loads and in securing articles to prevent damage and breakage
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.