Warehouse Worker - Material Handling
EmployerTALENT SCOUT GLOBAL HIRING
Date PostedJanuary 23, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $20.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 22, 2023
TALENT SCOUT GLOBAL HIRING
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Willing to relocate
- Retail/wholesale establishment/distribution centre
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment
- Operate a variety of equipment to load, unload and move materials and products
- Ship orders
- Pick orders and stock
- Weigh materials and goods
- Make labels and attach to goods
- Provide customer service
- Wrap goods
- Pack and unpack goods
- Sort, crate and stack goods
- Install, lash and secure goods
- Store cargo and materials
- Transport and distribute materials and goods
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Operate computerized inventory control systems
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Large workload
- Positive attitude
- Quick learner
Experience an asset
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to perform other material handling activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking
Interest in feeding - offbearing to move household appliances and furniture on and off moving trucks and vans
Interest in arranging articles in vans to form compact loads and in securing articles to prevent damage and breakage
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.