Welding Machine Operator Helper
EmployerWescana Industries Inc.
Date PostedJuly 21, 2022
Location Rocky View, AB
Earnings $22.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 20, 2022
Wescana Industries Inc.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work Site Environment
Metal products manufacturing company
- Operate metal cleaning equipment to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other materials from surfaces of metal products
- Assist structural steel and platework fitters, sheet metal workers, metal machine operators or other metal workers
- Sort metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
- Grind or chip excess metal from metal products using hand tools
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Read and interpret work orders
Security and Safety
- Valid driver's licence
- Own vehicle
- Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Handling heavy loads
Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
1 to less than 7 months
Free parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to clean work areas and equipment; and in loading and unloading vehicles using hand carts and dollies
Interest in operating metal-cleaning equipment such as wheelabrators, deburrers and shotblasters to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other material from surfaces of metal parts, castings and other metal products
Interest in sorting metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.