Posted on Mar 15, 2021 by Simply Beautiful Inc.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $28.70 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date May 12, 2021
Simply Beautiful Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Retail salespersons and sales clerks
- Select and purchase merchandise for resale
- Sell merchandise
- Prepare reports on sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Maintain adequate stock levels
- Establish and maintain contact with suppliers
- Establish work schedules
- Authorize payments by cheque
- Authorize return of merchandise
- Assign sales workers to duties
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Review requirements of establishment and determine quantity and type of merchandise to purchase
- Provide customer service
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Hire and train or arrange for training of staff
- Study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials and visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
On-site customer service
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 12, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating information to study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials; and in visiting trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
Interest in negotiating prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements when interviewing suppliers
Interest in overseeing distribution of merchandise to outlets, in maintaining adequate levels of stock and in supervising the work of other retail buyers
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.