EmployerMatker Trading ltd.
Date PostedJanuary 25, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $29.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 24, 2023
Matker Trading ltd.
- Establish and maintain contact with suppliers
- Maintain adequate stock levels
- Negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements with suppliers
- Oversee distribution of merchandise to outlets
- Review requirements of establishment and determine quantity and type of merchandise to purchase
- Select and purchase merchandise for resale
- Study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials and visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
- Supervise work of other buyers
- Visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating information to study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials; and in visiting trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
Interest in negotiating prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements when interviewing suppliers
Interest in overseeing distribution of merchandise to outlets, in maintaining adequate levels of stock and in supervising the work of other retail buyers
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.