Worker, Structural Iron
EmployerPositive Life Concepts Inc.
Date PostedNovember 17, 2022
Location Medicine Hat, AB
Earnings $28.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 01, 2022
Positive Life Concepts Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- At heights
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Unload and position steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- First Aid Certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
Area of specialization
Erect structural steel
Security and safety
- Valid driver's licence
- Own transportation
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Tight deadlines
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Manual dexterity
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
2 years to less than 3 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to align, weld and bolt steel units into place, and to position and secure steel bars and metal mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete structures
Interest in signalling crane operators to position steel units according to blueprints; and in examining structures and equipment for deterioration, defects, or non-compliance with specifications
Interest in compiling information to install ornamental and structural metalwork such as curtain walls, metal stairways, railings and power doors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.