When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Accounting and Strategic Measurement
Grant MacEwan Universitywww.macewan.ca
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences - ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centred teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a collaborative and supportive environment where creativity and innovation thrive. Faculties focus on teaching, and many are also engaged in ground-breaking, internationally-recognized research and scholarly and artistic activity that enhances their teaching and the curriculum - and creates opportunities for student involvement in research.
The university offers a broad complement of programs comprised of bachelor and applied degrees, diplomas and certificates. Faculties and schools offer programming in fine arts and communications; health and community studies; liberal arts and sciences; and business.
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
CATEGORIES OF ADMISSION
Applicants may be admitted through one of the following:
- Regular Admission
- Mature Admission
In addition, all applicants must also meet the following admission criteria:
- Skills Appraisal*
- English Language Proficiency
* Under the Regular Admission category, the Skills Appraisal requirement is only applicable to applicants with an Alberta high school diploma (or equivalent).
To be evaluated through the Office of the University Registrar, applicants must have:
2. A minimum overall average of 65 percent, with no course grade lower than 50 percent, in the following high school courses:
- ELA 30-1 or ELA 30-2
- Mathematics 30-1 or Mathematics 30-2
- One Group A course
- One Group C course
- One Group A, B or C course
To be evaluated through the Office of the University Registrar applicants must:
- Be 20 years of age or older
- Have been out of full-time high school at least one year by the beginning of the intake term
ADDITIONAL ADMISSION CRITERIA
Skills Appraisal will be evaluated through the Office of the University Registrar.
Applicants must complete the Skills Appraisal. The Skills Appraisal does not need to be completed if applicants present one of the following:
- ELA 30-1 with a minimum grade of 65 percent
- ELA 30-2 with a minimum grade of 75 percent
Applicants must complete the math portion of the Skills Appraisal OR complete any developmental course work with a minimum grade of C-. The math portion does not need to be completed if applicants present one of the following with a minimum grade of 65 percent:
- Mathematics 30-1
- Mathematics 30-2
- Applied Mathematics 30
Applicants must successfully complete the writing portion OR complete any developmental course work with a minimum grade of C-.
Applicants must successfully complete the reading portion OR complete any developmental course work with a minimum grade of C-.
English Language Proficiency
English Language Proficiency will be evaluated through the Office of the University Registrar.
All applicants must meet an acceptable level of English language proficiency. We will require official documents such as one of the following:
- High school transcripts
- Post-secondary transcripts
- Proof of successful completion of standardized language evaluation
Full details are available in MacEwan University’s academic calendar or online at MacEwan.ca/ELP.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2017/08/01 to 2018/07/31*.
Tuition $4,020.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $3,000.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,151.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 17, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.