When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Northern Lakes Collegehttps://www.northernlakescollege.ca
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
If academic requirements are not met, you will need to do an ACCUPLACER assessment. ACCUPLACER minimum levels: 80 in Reading Comp., 85 in Sentence skills, and 6+ in WritePlacer. Contact the nearest campus to set up an appointment. For international students, refer to the International Student Guide.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Students who meet the academic requirements will be mailed an information package and asked to present a personal written statement and a resume.
- Home computer and access to high speed internet is strongly recommended. Students without basic computer skills will be encouraged to attend a computer skills workshop prior to the start of the program.
- Practicum agencies may require a Police Information Check and an Alberta Children's Services Intervention Record Check of students placed in their organizations. The inability to present clear checks may prevent a student from completing the program requirements. Contact the Program Coordinator for further information.
- Students must not be abusing alcohol or drugs for at least 1 year prior to applying, because of the nature of the program. Additionally, students must not abuse alcohol or drugs for the duration of the program.
Combination of NLC Anytime, Anywhere and NLC Live Online. To learn more about Collaborate and to experience using it, check out this guide: https://www.northernlakescollege.ca/Documents/Collaborate-Guide-for-Students-at-NLC.pdf
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2017/08/01 to 2018/07/31*.
Tuition $4,248.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,410.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $105.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 08, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.