When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Administrative Professional Certificate Administrative Professional
Education is your key to a better quality of life, benefitting not only you, but also the community in which you live and work. Empowered by education, you can broaden your knowledge, increase your job opportunities, and enhance your productivity and job satisfaction. As Alberta's largest community college, NorQuest College is proud to offer a strong selection of post-secondary diploma and certificate programs that lead to in-demand careers. Our career studies include health, human services, and business. We also offer foundational learning opportunities that include academic upgrading, adult literacy, employment readiness, and English as a second language education. At NorQuest, you will acquire the advanced skills required in increasingly complex workplaces. Our committed, supportive, and skilled faculty and staff will help you achieve your career and life goals. We want you to hit the ground running when you graduate so you can meet the immediate and long-term job needs of business and industry. We're proud that 95 per cent of our graduates find employment or continue their education.!SPAN>
Satellite Campuses or Offices!SPAN>!SPAN>
Drayton Valley, Stony Plain, Wetaskiwin, Whitecourt!SPAN>
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
- 50% in English Language Arts 30-1 or 50% in English Language Arts 30-2 or completion of ESLG 1898 with a minimum 50% or equivalent
- 50% in Mathematics 10C or 50% in Mathematics 20-3 or equivalent*
English Language Proficiency
If English is your second language, you must provide proof of English language proficiency (ELP) prior to admission. ELP must have been completed within the two years prior to application to the program. Acceptable evidence of ELP may be one of the following:
- CLBA overall score of 7
- TOEFL iBT overall score of 71
- IELTS Academic overall score of 6.0, no section score below 5.5
- CELPIP General overall score of 7, no section score below 6
- CAEL overall score of 60
- Completion of ESLS 7000/ESLS 7100 (or ESLG 2101) and ESLW 7000/ESLW 7100 (or ESLG 2103) with a minimum 80%
Work Experience Requirements
To be eligible for Work Experience for Administrative Professionals (BUSN1184), students must successfully complete all other Administrative Professional certificate courses.
Face-to-face delivery at Edmonton downtown campus and online delivery
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2018/08/01 to 2019/07/31*.
Tuition $4,464.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,987.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,517.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 07, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.