Taking a few minutes to learn about your skills and abilities might help you in choosing the right education path to achieve your career goals.
Advanced Education in Orthopaedics
Education is your key to a better quality of life, benefitting not only you, but also the community in which you live and work. Empowered by education, you can broaden your knowledge, increase your job opportunities, and enhance your productivity and job satisfaction. As Alberta's largest community college, NorQuest College is proud to offer a strong selection of post-secondary diploma and certificate programs that lead to in-demand careers. Our career studies include health, human services, and business. We also offer foundational learning opportunities that include academic upgrading, adult literacy, employment readiness, and English as a second language education. At NorQuest, you will acquire the advanced skills required in increasingly complex workplaces. Our committed, supportive, and skilled faculty and staff will help you achieve your career and life goals. We want you to hit the ground running when you graduate so you can meet the immediate and long-term job needs of business and industry. We're proud that 95 per cent of our graduates find employment or continue their education.!SPAN>
Satellite Campuses or Offices!SPAN>!SPAN>
Drayton Valley, Stony Plain, Wetaskiwin, Whitecourt!SPAN>
Program Type Post-Basic
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
- Active registration with a college for licensed practical nurses.
- Applicants will require a minimum of 2 years current acute care employment as an LPN
- Informal interview with the program instructor.
Note: The admission requirements listed above may be satisfied by submitting a letter from your employer stating that the requirements have been met and are up to date.
- Successful completion of all prerequisite courses
- WHMIS (XBUS 1017) certificate current within 3 years
- Basic Life Support for Health-Care Providers (XHLT 1200) certificate within 1 year
- It's Your Move (XHLT 1070) certificate current within 1 year or alternative injury prevention course
- Human Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure (XHLT 1023) certificate current within 3 years
- Up-to-date immunizations
- Clear police information check; must include vulnerable sector check*
- HSP Net information sheet
- Alberta Health Services (AHS) Information & Privacy Training
*Note: Internet (online) police information checks are not accepted by the college. Please contact your local law enforcement agency directly to obtain an official police information check. The existence of a criminal record may prevent clinical placement, program completion, and professional licensure and therefore may affect employment prospects. Prospective students who have a criminal record should discuss the matter with the Program Chair prior to applying for admission.
Self-paced study, tutorial help from an instructor, five-day full-time workshop. Preceptored full-time 300-hour clinical practice (possibly completed in your own community)
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated May 30, 2016. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.