Taking a few minutes to learn about your skills and abilities might help you in choosing the right education path to achieve your career goals.
Bachelor of Applied Science: Environmental Management Reclamation/Remediation
When Lakeland College opened as the Vermilion School of Agriculture in 1913 there were only 34 students enrolled. Today Lakeland has campuses in Vermilion and Lloydminster and serve more than 7,500 full-time and part-time students --- but Lakeland is as tight-knit as ever.
Lakeland's comfortable setting allows students to focus on learning. Programs are designed to ease their transition into the work force and/or further study at a four-year institution. The options for study are as diverse as the college. The Vermilion campus is the site of programs in agricultural sciences, environmental sciences, fire and emergency services, human services, interior design technology, and pre-employment and apprenticeship technical trades training. Programs in business, arts, health and wellness, energy and petroleum technology and university transfer are available at the Lloydminster campus. In Edmonton, students can take sign language interpretation.
Through practicum placements, hands-on projects, labs and industry links, Lakeland College students have a world of opportunity to live the learning. Learn more at lakelandcollege.ca.
Satellite Campuses or Offices
Program Type Applied
Credential Type Degree
Length 4 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
Graduates of the following two-year diploma programs may be eligible for direct entry.
- Lakeland College • Environmental Science Diplomas (all majors)
- Assiniboine Community College • Land and Water Management
- Lethbridge College • Environmental Assessment & Restoration
- Loyalist College (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Technician • Environmental Technologist
- Medicine Hat College (entry to MEP major) • Reclamation Technology
- Mohawk College (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Technician
- NAIT (entry to MEP major) • Biological Sciences Technology - Environmental Sciences - Renewable Resources
- Niagara College (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Technician
- Olds College • Land Water Resources - Land Reclamation - Environmental Stewardship (Chemistry 200 and Statistics (AGRN 410) are required)
- Portage College (entry to MEP major) • Natural Resource Technology
- Fleming College (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Technology
- Selkirk College (entry to MEP major) • Integrated Resource Technology
- SAIT Polytechnic (entry to MEP major)• Environmental Technology
- SIAST (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Engineering Technology • Integrated Resources Management (chemistries required) • Water Resources Engineering Technology
Applicants with a diploma or degree in a related specialization may also be eligible. All applicants must have college/university level:
- Inorganic and Organic Chemistry
- Introductory Soil Science
- Soil Classification and Field Botany and Plant Taxonomy are highly recommended for the Reclamation/Remediation Major
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated June 18, 2014. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.