When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management
Southern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.sait.ca
Program Type Bachelor's
Credential Type Degree
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
Completion of the following courses or their equivalents:
- A SAIT Hospitality Management diploma or equivalent from an accredited post-secondary institution, with a minimum 2.3 cumulative GPA (67% or C+), AND,
- At least 50% in English 30-1, or at least 60% in English 30-2, AND,
- At least 50% in Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or Pure Math 30, or at least 60% in Applied Math 30.
Note: Admission alternatives for English include successful completion of COMM 240: Business Communications I or COMN 220: Communications and Presentation Skills.
All applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
Competitive Entry: Six Step Process
Step 1: Read the program information to see the qualities needed for student success.
Step 2: Ensure that you meet all of the admission requirements listed above.
Step 3: Review the selection information to understand the process and deadlines.
- Applications and proof of the admission requirements (transcripts and/or anticipated final grades) must be submitted by August 15th to be included in selection.
- Applicants who have graduated from SAIT with a diploma in Hospitality Management with a minimum GPA of 2.3 will be offered admission on a first-qualified, first-offered basis. Once the program is full, qualified applicants will be placed on a waitlist.
- Applicants who have a diploma in Hospitality Management from another accredited post-secondary institute will be placed into selection for review to determine equivalency. Completion of additional courses may be required.
Step 5: Log in to mySAIT.ca to check your admission status. If eligible, your status will indicate that you're "In Selection."
Failure to meet anticipated final grades will result in offers being rescinded.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2019/08/01 to 2020/07/31*.
Tuition $5,682.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,300.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $985.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 23, 2019. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.