When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Computer Information Technology Diploma
Established in 1957, Lethbridge College serves 6,500 full-time and part-time students in southern Alberta. To increase access for Aboriginal and rural students, programs are offered in learning centres outside Lethbridge. Students may take apprenticeship training, certificate and diploma programs, applied degrees and a bachelor degree. Academic programs are offered in areas such as agriculture, business and management, design and technology, environmental studies, health care, human services and justice studies. Applied degrees are offered in correctional studies and conservation enforcement. A collaborative bachelor's degree in nursing is available through the University of Lethbridge. University transfer courses are offered in areas such as Canadian studies, cultural studies, sociology, english and physical education. Apprenticeship training prepares students for occupations such as automotive service technician, carpenter, cook, electrician, heavy equipment technician, parts technician and welder. When needed, students may take academic preparation and English as a Second Language programs before making the transition to certificate and diploma programs or apprenticeship training. Lethbridge College offers a broad range of student support services. Recreation facilities provide venues for athletic and intramural programs as well as community sports teams. An important community resource, Lethbridge College also provides educational, cultural and recreational opportunities to local residents.
Satellite Campuses or Offices
Claresholm, Crowsnest Pass, Vulcan
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
Academic Requirements: In addition, applicants to this program must also satisfy the following specific course requirements (or equivalencies):!div>
- Grade 12 math (equivalent to Alberta’s Math 30-2 or a higher level math).
- Due to workload in this program, students are encouraged to evaluate their external commitments or consult with an advisor about alternate program sequencing.
- Students who plan to continue their studies through various university programs may be required to take specific electives. Please see information under “Transfers” for specifics.
- A number of physical education courses are allowed in recognition of the need to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Industry Suitability: Prospective students should be aware of the following job-related physical demands:!div>
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time
- Intense visual concentration
- Some lifting and carrying
Prior Learning Assessment (PLA): If you have experience working in this field of study, you may be eligible for Prior Learning Assessment.!div>
Some elective courses are available online, as identified in the calendar by (OL) after the course title.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2017/08/01 to 2018/07/31*.
Tuition $3,092.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,023.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $946.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Griffith University (Australia), Minot University (USA)
Updated September 09, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.