Diploma in Music and Worship Arts
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 3 Years 60 credits
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
Admission to Prairie is based on 3 criteria:
- Personal Christian Life and Testimony (character).
- Academic Performance Admission to Prairie requires students to obtain a high school diploma or equivalent and have a minimum final average of 60% in five Grade 12 (senior) subjects, one of which must be English. If a student is not enrolled in five Grade 12 subjects, course marks from relevant Grade 11 subjects may be considered. Applicants who do not meet the academic requirements may submit a written request to have them waived on the basis of motivation and improved academic skills.
Practical Nurse Students are also required to meet Bow Valley College entrance requirements. These include:
- Minimum final mark of 60% in English 30-1 or 70% in English 30-2 or equivalent
- Credit in Math 20 Pure or a minimum final mark of 60% in Math 20 Applied or equivalent
- Minimum final mark of 60% in Biology 30 or a minimum final mark of 60% in Anatomy and Physiology (ANPH 150) at Bow Valley College or equivalent course
- English Language Proficiency For applicants whose first language is English, English language proficiency is measured by Grade 12 course marks. For applicants whose first language is not English, English language proficiency is measured by an approved English language testing service.
Students enrolled in most academic programs must take HF 111 Thinking and Writing in one of their first two full-time semesters unless they’ve fulfilled the requirement by some other means (e.g. transfer). For more information about the Placement Policy, please contact the Admissions Office.
Tuition $9,300.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $2,515.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,000.00 Year One
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated May 17, 2016. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.