When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Early Learning and Child Care ELCC
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- 50% in English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent; OR
- Successful completion of the GED, with a standard score of 520 in Language Arts: Reading and Writing; OR
- Successful completion of Written Communication (COMM1007)
If English is your second language, you must provide proof of English language proficiency (ELP) prior to admission. ELP must have been completed within the two years prior to application to the program. Acceptable evidence of ELP may be one of the following:!div>
- CLBA overall score of 8, no section score below 7
- CELPIP General overall score of 8, no section score below 7
- TOEFL iBT overall score of 84, with no section score below 21
- IELTS Academic overall score of 6.5, no section score below 6.0
- CAEL overall score of 60, no section score below 60
- Completion of ESLS 8000/ESLS 8100 and ESLW 8000/ESLW 8100 with a minimum 80%
- Completion of ESLG 1860 and ESLG 1861 with a minimum 50%
Work Experience Requirements
The following is not required for admission purposes, but will be required before you attend the practicum placement:
- Police Information Check; must include vulnerable sector search, both dated to within 60 days of the start of the practicum.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2017/08/01 to 2018/07/31*.
Tuition $4,256.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,106.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,089.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated May 05, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.