Taking a few minutes to learn about your skills and abilities might help you in choosing the right education path to achieve your career goals.
Early Learning and Child Care ELCC
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- 50% in English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent; OR
- Successful completion of the GED, with a standard score of 520 in Language Arts: Reading and Writing; OR
- Successful completion of Written Communication (COMM1007), OR
- Successful completion of the nine Support Strategy courses from Bow Valley College listed below.
!div> English Language Proficiency
If English is your second language, you must provide proof of English language proficiency (ELP) prior to admission. ELP must have been completed within the two years prior to application to the program. Acceptable evidence of ELP may be one of the following:!div>
- CLBA, with a score of 7 in reading, 7 in writing, and no lower than 7 in speaking/listening
- CELPIP 7
- TOEFL Internet-based test score 84, with no section score below 21
- IELTS Academic 6.0, with no band scores below 5
- CAEL 60, with no subtest below 60
Work Experience Requirements
The following is not required for admission purposes, but will be required before you attend the practicum placement:
- Police information check; must include vulnerable sector search, both dated to within 60 days of the start of the practicum. (This process can take 2 to 4 weeks to complete.)
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2017/08/01 to 2018/07/31*.
Tuition $4,256.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,106.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,089.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated May 17, 2016. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.