When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Emergency Medical Technician
Southern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.sait.ca
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
At least 50% in the following courses or their equivalents:
- English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2, AND,
- Math 20-1 or Math 20-2 or Pure Math 20 or Applied Math 20, AND,
- Biology 30 or Science 30
- English Proficiency
- Students must be 18 years old by January 1 (second semester of the EMT program).
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) graduate or completion of an EMR program by April 1 for May examination by the Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP).
Proof of this admission requirement will be accepted in one of the following two ways:!span>
- Copy of EMR credential and Alberta College of Paramedics registration card upon application, or,
- Proof of completion of EMR program by above date and a letter from the ACP stating intent to write exam.
All applicants must be registered with the ACP as an EMR by August 1 prior to the program commencing.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2018/08/01 to 2019/07/31*.
Books/Supplies/Instruments $4,900.00 Year One
Tuition $3,758.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $828.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated May 16, 2018. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.