Emergency Services Technology Diploma Emergency Medical
When Lakeland College opened as the Vermilion School of Agriculture in 1913 there were only 34 students enrolled. Today Lakeland has campuses in Vermilion and Lloydminster and serve more than 7,500 full-time and part-time students --- but Lakeland is as tight-knit as ever.
Lakeland's comfortable setting allows students to focus on learning. Programs are designed to ease their transition into the work force and/or further study at a four-year institution. The options for study are as diverse as the college. The Vermilion campus is the site of programs in agricultural sciences, environmental sciences, fire and emergency services, human services, interior design technology, and pre-employment and apprenticeship technical trades training. Programs in business, arts, health and wellness, energy and petroleum technology and university transfer are available at the Lloydminster campus. In Edmonton, students can take sign language interpretation.
Through practicum placements, hands-on projects, labs and industry links, Lakeland College students have a world of opportunity to live the learning. Learn more at lakelandcollege.ca.
Satellite Campuses or Offices
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma with:
- Minimum 50 percent in English 30-1 or English 30-2, Math 20-3, and one grade 12 Science (Biology 30 preferred)
- Valid Class 5 or equivalent driver's licence with airbrake endorsement
- Completed EST program
- Completed medical clearance form
- Proof of Basic Life Support (CPR) valid to February 2019
- Proof of Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) or Advanced First Aid valid to February 2019 is also required for the medical stream
- Must have computer application skills including word processing, preparing spreadsheets, and performing web research tasks
- A clear criminal record check is required for practicum placement
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2017/08/01 to 2018/07/31*.
Tuition $17,450.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,200.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,166.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated October 03, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.