When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Northern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.nait.ca
The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) is a leading Canadian polytechnic, delivering education in science, technology and the environment; business; health and trades. With nearly 60,000 credit and non-credit students and a 95 per cent employer satisfaction rate, NAIT grads are essential to Alberta's prosperity. Known for hands-on, technology-based learning, NAIT engages with business and industry in applied research and innovation and provides corporate training around the world. Recognized as one of Alberta's top employers, NAIT provides outstanding returns on investment for its graduates, partners, the provincial government and the people of Alberta.!span>!span>!span>
Satellite Campuses or Offices!span>!span>!span>
Program Type Post-Basic
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
- A Diploma is required from an accredited institute in Medical Radiology, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, and Radiation Therapy, or a current licence from one of these disciplines with Sonography Canada - Generalist (formerly CARDUP) or the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT). A diploma from Combined Laboratory & X-Ray and current registration with the Alberta College of Combined Lab and X-ray Technologists (ACCLXT) is required for CLXT applicants. All applicants must send a copy of their Diploma and/or current licence, as well as a completed copy of the MRI Applicant Screening Form for verification before entrance into the program.
- All students who meet the entrance requirements will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis.
- MRID1400 IV Certification will no longer be delivered within the program. Students will be required to provide proof of successful completion of an IV Certification course prior to enrolling in the clinical training.
- RSHC1100 Research in Healthcare has been added to the curriculum and is a requirement for program completion.
View the English Language Proficiency Requirements for the Program: NAIT | English Language Proficiency
All applicants must send a copy of their current registration or licence, as well as a completed copy of the MRI Applicant Screening Form for verification before entrance into the program.
- CPR (Basic Life Support - BLS) - Students must provide evidence of current BLS certification prior to commencing clinical training. BLS certification must remain current throughout clinical training therefore it is recommended that certification be obtained just prior to clinical training. The BLS certification course that meets this requirement must be designed for individuals who will be health care providers. The NAIT Continuing Education Course that meets this requirement is CPRS100.
- Immunization Requirements - Students are required to be immunized against vaccine-preventable diseases, as determined by the Alberta Health. After acceptance into the program, students will be given further information on requirements. Failure to meet the Police Information Check, immunization and tuberculosis testing requirements may result in denial of access to clinical training.
- Police Information Check - Students are required to provide a current Police Information Check (also referred to as a Security Clearance or Criminal Record Check) which must include a Vulnerable Sector Search. Please do not proceed with the Police Information Check until an offer of acceptance and follow-up instructions have been issued by the program. The Police Information Check is only considered valid when reviewed by a NAIT official within 90 days of completion.
You may apply for advanced credit once you have been accepted into the program. Advanced Credit can be Transfer Credit (for completed post-secondary courses), Credential Recognition (for completed certificates, diplomas or degrees) or PLAR (Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition).
Transfer Credit & Credential Recognition: In addition to the common guidelines outlined on the Recognition of Prior Learning website and on the Request for Transfer Credit or Credential Recognition form (pdf), your program has other advanced credit requirements that are applied to each request including:
- You must have completed the course or program no more than 5 years ago
- You must have a minimum mark of C- in the course or program
If you do not qualify for transfer credit or credential recognition, Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) may be an option.
Online except clinical practicum
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2017/08/01 to 2018/07/31*.
Tuition $3,766.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,000.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $246.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 26, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.