When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Medical Device Reprocessing Technician
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
English Language Proficiency
If English is your second language, you must provide proof of English language proficiency (ELP) prior to admission. ELP must have been completed within two years prior to application to the program. Acceptable evidence of ELP may be one of the following:
- CLBA overall score of 8, no section score below 7
- CELPIP General overall score of 8, no section score below 7
- TOEFL iBT overall score of 84, no section score below 21
- IELTS Academic overall score of 6.5, no section score below 6.0
- CAEL overall score of 60, no section score below 60
- Completion of ESLS 8000/ESLS 8100 and ESLW 8000/ESLW 8100 with a minimum 80%
- Completion of ESLG 1860 and ESLG 1861 with a minimum 50%
The following are not required for admission purposes, but will be required before you attend the practicum:
- Successful completion of all prerequisite courses
- WHMIS (XBUS 1017) certificate current within 3 years
- Human Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure (XHLT 1023) current within 3 years
- Alberta Health Services (AHS) Information & Privacy online learning module
- Up-to-date immunization record (including Hepatitis B)
- HSPNet information sheet
- Clear Police Information Check dated within 90 days of the collection date; must include a vulnerable sector search if older than 18 years of age*
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2018/08/01 to 2019/07/31*.
Tuition $4,830.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,502.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $839.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 08, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.