When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Mental Health Recovery Practitioner
Program Type Post-Diploma
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- A diploma or degree in the human services or health field from a college or university in Canada or abroad
English Language Proficiency Requirements: If English is your second language, you must provide proof of English language proficiency (ELP) prior to admission. ELP must have been completed within the two years prior to application to the program. Acceptable evidence of ELP may be one of the following:
- CLBA: no section score below 8
- IELTS Academic: 6.5; no section score below 6
- TOEFL iBT: 84; no section score below 21
- CELPIP General: 8; no section score below 7
- CAEL: 60; no section score below 60
- minimum of 80% in ESLS8000 or ESLS8100, and 80% in ESLW8000)or ESLW8100; or minimum of 50% in ESLG1860 and ESLG1861
Note: Meeting the English language proficiency requirement does NOT exempt the applicant from meeting the English academic course work required for admission to this program.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2018/08/01 to 2019/07/31*.
Tuition $3,870.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,185.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,149.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated August 09, 2018. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.