Office Assistant Legal
Grant MacEwan Universitywww.macewan.ca
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences - ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centred teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a collaborative and supportive environment where creativity and innovation thrive. Faculties focus on teaching, and many are also engaged in ground-breaking, internationally-recognized research and scholarly and artistic activity that enhances their teaching and the curriculum - and creates opportunities for student involvement in research.
The university offers a broad complement of programs comprised of bachelor and applied degrees, diplomas and certificates. Faculties and schools offer programming in fine arts and communications; health and community studies; liberal arts and sciences; and business.
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
CATEGORIES OF ADMISSION
Applicants may be admitted through one of the following:
- Regular Admission
- Mature Admission
- Skills Appraisal
- English Language Proficiency
- Other Admission Criteria
To be evaluated through the Office of the University Registrar, applicants must have:
1. a) An Alberta high school diploma (or equivalent).
b) A minimum overall average of 65 percent, with no course grade lower than 50 percent, in the following high school courses:
- ELA 30-1 or ELA 30-2
- Math 30-1 or Math 30-2
- One Group A course
- One Group C course
- One Group A, B or C courses
To be evaluated through the Office of the University Registrar, applicants must:
- Be 20 years of age or older
- Have been out of full-time high school at least one year by the beginning of the intake term
ADDITIONAL ADMISSION CRITERIA
To be evaluated through the Office of the University Registrar,
Applicants must complete the Skills Appraisal only if they do not present ELA 30-1 with a minimum grade of 65 percent or ELA 30-2 with a minimum grade of 75 percent.
Applicants must pass the writing portion OR complete any developmental course work with a minimum grade of C-.!span>
Applicants must pass the reading portion OR complete any developmental course work with a minimum grade of C-.!span>
English Language Proficiency
English Language Proficiency will be evaluated through the Office of the University Registrar.
All applicants must meet an acceptable level of English language proficiency. We will require official documents such as one of the following:
- High school transcripts
- Post-secondary transcripts
- Proof of successful completion of standardized language evaluation
Full details are available in MacEwan University’s academic calendar or online at MacEwan.ca/ELP.
Other Admission Criteria
To be evaluated through the Program.
Applicants are required to successfully pass a five-minute keyboard test.
For Medical Major only:
Applicants offered admission are required to submit the following:
- A clear Police Information Check (or equivalent from another policing agency) that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search. The Police Information Check must be submitted by the published document deadline and have been issued within three months of the start of the program intake term.
- A valid immunization record form meeting provincial regulations for health care workers.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2017/08/01 to 2018/07/31*.
Tuition $5,360.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,318.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,928.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 24, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.