Taking a few minutes to learn about your skills and abilities might help you in choosing the right education path to achieve your career goals.
Police and Investigations Investigative Studies
Grant MacEwan Universitywww.macewan.ca
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences - ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centred teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a collaborative and supportive environment where creativity and innovation thrive. Faculties focus on teaching, and many are also engaged in ground-breaking, internationally-recognized research and scholarly and artistic activity that enhances their teaching and the curriculum - and creates opportunities for student involvement in research.
The university offers a broad complement of programs comprised of bachelor and applied degrees, diplomas and certificates. Faculties and schools offer programming in fine arts and communications; health and community studies; liberal arts and sciences; and business.
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
CATEGORIES OF ADMISSION
Applicants may be admitted through Regular Admission.
In addition, all applicants must also meet the English Language Proficiency admission criteria.
To be evaluated through the Office of the University Registrar, applicants must have a minimum overall average of 65%, with no course grade lower than 50%, in the following high school courses:
- ELA 30-1 or ELA 30-2
- Social Studies 30-1 or 30-2
- 3 subjects from Group A, B, C or D
Applicants with 9 or more Post-Secondary credits must also present a minimum Admission Grade Point Average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to present a broad range of subjects across the humanities and sciences in order to benefit from the breadth of learning and to increase flexibility of future course choices.
- A maximum of 2 Group B subjects; they must be from different disciplines.
- A maximum of 1 Group D subject. Group D subjects used for admission must be one five-credit subject or two three-credit subjects.
ADDITIONAL ADMISSION CRITERIA
English Language Proficiency
English Language Proficiency will be evaluated through the Office of the University Registrar. Applicable to all admission categories.
All applicants must meet an acceptable level of English language proficiency. In addition, the university will require official documents such as 1 of the following:
- High school transcripts
- Post-secondary transcripts
- Proof of successful completion of standardized language evaluation
Full details are available in MacEwan University’s academic calendar or online at MacEwan.ca/ELP.
Other Admission Criteria
To be evaluated through the Program. Applicable to all admission categories
Applicants offered admission must present a clear Police Information Check (or equivalent from another policing agency) that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search. The Police Information Check must be submitted by the published document deadline and have been issued within 3 months of the start of the program intake term.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2017/08/01 to 2018/07/31*.
Tuition $4,020.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,500.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,141.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated June 05, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.