When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Pre-Employment Automotive Service Technician
Northern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.nait.ca
The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) is a leading Canadian polytechnic, delivering education in science, technology and the environment; business; health and trades. With nearly 60,000 credit and non-credit students and a 95 per cent employer satisfaction rate, NAIT grads are essential to Alberta's prosperity. Known for hands-on, technology-based learning, NAIT engages with business and industry in applied research and innovation and provides corporate training around the world. Recognized as one of Alberta's top employers, NAIT provides outstanding returns on investment for its graduates, partners, the provincial government and the people of Alberta.!span>!span>!span>
Satellite Campuses or Offices!span>!span>!span>
Program Type Pre-Employment
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- English 11
- Math 20-1 or 20-2 or Pure Math 20 or Applied Math 20
- Science 10
- 2 Years of RAP (grades 11-12) acceptable in lieu of Grade 12 Science
- A valid Alberta Class 5 GDL driver's licence or equivalent. The driver's licence must be valid for the length of the program with an expiration date after the program end date.
Advanced Credit: You may apply for advanced credit once you have been accepted into the program. Advanced Credit can be Transfer Credit (for completed post-secondary courses), Credential Recognition (for completed certificates, diplomas or degrees) or PLAR (Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition).
Transfer Credit & Credential Recognition: In addition to the common guidelines outlined on the Recognition of Prior Learning website and on the Request for Transfer Credit or Credential Recognition form (pdf), your program has other advanced credit requirements that are applied to each request including:
- You must have completed the course or program no more than 5 years ago unless a formalized articulation agreement is in place
- You must have a minimum mark of C in the course(s) or program
Contact the program for additional information about Advanced Credit.
If you do not qualify for transfer credit or credential recognition, Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) may be an option.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2018/08/01 to 2019/07/31*.
Tuition $2,085.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $498.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $450.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated August 01, 2018. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.