When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Social Work Diploma
Bow Valley Collegewww.bowvalleycollege.ca
Located in downtown Calgary, Bow Valley College is Calgary and region’s only comprehensive community college and serves more than 15,000 full-time and part-time learners. Programs and courses — in class, online, part-time, full-time, and blended — are offered at campuses in downtown Calgary and at seven regional centres throughout southern Alberta. The College’s South Campus houses the Calgary campuses for the University of Lethbridge, Athabasca University, and Olds College.
The College offers one-year certificates and two-year diplomas for programs in the Chiu School of Business, the School of Health and Wellness, the School of Community Studies, and the School of Creative Technologies. The College also has four post-diploma certificate programs in Digital Marketing, Health and Human Services Management, Kitchen and Bath Design, and Software Development. In 2019, Bow Valley College will launch its first post-baccalaureate certificate in Data Management and Analytics, which provides the opportunity for university graduates to expand their skill sets. The School of Global Access offers English language learning, and academic upgrading is offered through the School of Foundational Learning.
Bow Valley College offers a wide range of continuing education courses and workplace training services through the School of Continuing Learning. Career planning and assessment services are also made available to thousands of Albertans every year.
Funding is available through an extensive financial aid and awards program. College advisors help learners with planning and funding applications. Year-round entry for many programs allows learners to begin studies at their convenience.
Bow Valley College welcomes learners from all parts of the world and from all walks of life, ensuring rich learning and life experiences.
Campuses and Regional Learning Sites
Calgary, Airdrie, Banff & Canmore, Cochrane, High River, Okotoks, Strathmore
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- 60% in English Language Arts 30-1 or equivalent
- Documentary evidence (e.g. a letter from the agency involved) of having completed at least 100 voluntary and/or paid work hours in the human services field
- IELTS Academic score of 6.0 with no band score below 6.0
- TOEFL Internet-based test score of 84 with no section score below 21
- CELPIP General overall score of 7 with a minimum band score of 7
- CAEL 60 with no subtest below 60
- Canadian Language Benchmarks score of 8 in reading and writing, and no lower than 7 in speaking/listening
- Successful completion of an Alberta Education English Language Arts course that is consistent with the specified academic admission requirements for the Career Program
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of three years of full-time secondary education at a school where English was the language of instruction
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of one year of full-time post secondary education at a school where English was the language of instruction
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2018/08/01 to 2019/07/31*.
Tuition $3,734.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,500.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $208.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated May 18, 2016. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.