Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
CATEGORIES OF ADMISSION
Applicants may be admitted through one of the following:
- Regular Admission
- Mature Admission
- Skills Appraisal
- English Language Proficiency
To be evaluated through the Office of the University Registrar, applicants must have:
1. a) An Alberta high school diploma (or equivalent).
b) A minimum overall average of 65 percent, with no course grade lower than 50 percent, in the following high school courses:
- ELA 30-1 or ELA 30-2
- Math 30-1 or Math 30-2
- One Group A course
- One Group C course
- One Group A, B or C course
To be evaluated through the Office of the University Registrar, applicants must:
- Be 20 years of age or older
- Have been out of full-time high school at least one year by the beginning of the intake term
ADDITIONAL ADMISSION CRITERIA
Skills Appraisal to be evaluated through the Office of the University Registrar.
- Unless otherwise specified, identified Skills Appraisal requirements must be completed by the beginning of the intake term.
- Applicants must complete the Skills Appraisal only if they do not present ELA 30-1 with a minimum grade of 65 percent or ELA 30-2 with a minimum grade of 75 percent.
- Applicants must complete the math portion of the Skills Appraisal only if they do not present Mathematics 20-1 with a minimum grade of 65 percent or Mathematics 30-1 or Mathematics 30-2 with a minimum grade of 50 percent.
Applicants must pass the writing portion OR complete any developmental course work with a minimum grade of C-.
Applicants must pass the reading portion OR complete any developmental course work with a minimum grade of C-.
Applicants must pass the math portion OR complete any developmental course work with a minimum grade of C-.
English Language Proficiency
English Language Proficiency will be evaluated through the Office of the University Registrar.
All applicants must meet an acceptable level of English language proficiency. We will require official documents such as one of the following:
- High school transcripts
- Post-secondary transcripts
- Proof of successful completion of standardized language evaluation
Full details are available in MacEwan University’s academic calendar or online at MacEwan.ca/ELP.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2017/08/01 to 2018/07/31*.
Tuition $4,020.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,166.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $530.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 28, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.