Taking a few minutes to learn about your skills and abilities might help you in choosing the right education path to achieve your career goals.
UT: Bachelor of Fine Arts
Red Deer Collegewww.rdc.ab.ca
Red Deer College (RDC) is a comprehensive community college serving more than 7,500 credit students, 3,000 Apprentices and 13,000 Continuing Education students. Award-winning programs and athletic teams along with affordable tuition and small class size make RDC a great choice for students. !SPAN>
RDC offers over 75 program options including certificates, diplomas, apprenticeship and industry training, university transfers, degree completion in education and nursing and applied degrees and graduate certificates. !SPAN>
Programs offered include administrative professional, business administration, early learning and childcare, educational assistant, electrical and mechanical engineering, international business, kinesiology and sport studies, medical laboratory assistant, music, legal assistant, occupational therapist and physiotherapist assistant, pharmacy technician, practical nurse, social work, theatre and visual art. !SPAN>
University transfer programs are available in arts, biological sciences, commerce, communications, earth sciences, education, engineering, forestry, French history, mathematics, nutrition, philosophy, pre-professional studies including chiropractic, dentistry, medicine, optometry, pharmacy and veterinary medicine.!SPAN>
Degree completion programs are offered in partnership with the University of Alberta and the University of Calgary at RDC for collaborative bachelor degree programs in education, nursing and social work.!SPAN>
Apprenticeship and trades training prepare students for a career in automotive, carpentry, cook, electrician, heavy equipment, instrumentation, locksmith, millwright, parts, plumbing, rig technician, sprinkler systems, steamfitter/pipefitter, water well driller and welding.!SPAN>!SPAN>
Program Type University Transfer
Credential Type Non-Credential
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
1. Minimum average of 60% with no mark below 50% in:
- English 30 or ELA 30-1 or English 33 or ELA 30-2. Note: Students who enter the program with English 33 or ELA 30-2 must take English 30 or the equivalent (English 095) and may not complete the program in four terms. English 095 is not credited towards diploma requirements.
- Three subjects from Group A, B, or C
- One subject from Group A, B, C or D
2. Mature Student
You must be 19 years of age or older, out of high school at least one full year before the program starts, and have a minimum 60% average with no mark below 50% in:
- English 30 or ELA 30-1 or English 33 or ELA 30-2 Note: Students who enter the program with English 33 must take English 30 or the equivalent (English 095) and may not complete the program in four terms. English 095 is not credited towards diploma requirements as it is equivalent to high school English 30.
- Subject from Group A, B, or C
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2017/08/01 to 2018/07/31*.
Tuition $4,972.50 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,500.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,343.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Yes
Updated May 13, 2016. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.