When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Wind Turbine Technician
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- Successfully complete the Alberta Apprenticeship first period Electrical pre-entrance exam with a minimum grade of 70%
Students are to supply the following program-approved personal safety equipment:!div>
- side impact hard hat with chin strap
- cotton coveralls
- steel-toed boots with ankle covered
- safety glasses
- tight-fitting work gloves
Medical Requirements: This program requires applicants to be in good physical condition. Applicants must be able to perform physical duties such as climbing ladders of 60 to 125 meters in height, lifting items up to 22.5 kg (50 lbs.) in weight, working at heights and in confined spaces.
Mobile Learning Program: This program requires students to supply their own device with required minimum specifications. Go to our website for additional information.
Important Notes: !div>
- Applicants must be comfortable working at extreme heights and weather conditions and should not suffer from motion sickness.
- Applicants must have strong mechanical aptitude and experience working with hand tools.
- As international travel may be required, industry requires potential employees to be eligible for passports.
Prior Learning Assessment (PLA): If you have experience working in this field of study, you may be eligible for Prior Learning Assessment.!div>
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2018/08/01 to 2019/07/31*.
Tuition $6,426.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,714.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $868.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 13, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.