Construction Estimator Posted on Apr 05, 2018 by The Royal Stucco Ltd.
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $16.00 to $22.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date May 14, 2018
The Royal Stucco Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Major Work Area
2 years to less than 3 years
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Scheduling packages
- MS Word
- Estimating packages
- Quick Books
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Provide economic feasibility studies and preliminary estimates for proposed projects
Type of Experience
- Residential construction
- Commercial and/or industrial construction
- Advise on tendering procedures
- Utilize quantity take-off procedures
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems
- Project cash flow and financing requirements
- Prepare estimates for general expenses and overheads
- Prepare master format estimates (Class A)
- Prepare elemental format estimates (Classes B, C, D)
- Prepare and maintain directory of supplies and trade contractors
- Monitor and adjust contract expenditures
- Estimate pre-contract costs
- Analyze tenders and recommend awards
- Prepare estimates of labour and/or material costs
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
Project Size Estimating Experience
- $100,001 - $500,000
- 0 - $100,000
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Steel-toed safety boots
- Own transportation
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Sound discrimination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 14, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in establishing and maintaining tendering processes, in setting up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures, and in preparing and maintaining directories of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
Interest in analyzing information to examine tenders and recommend tender awards, and to prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
Interest in negotiating contracts; and in managing and co-ordinating construction projects and preparing construction progress schedules
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.