Daycare Teacher Posted on Dec 18, 2017 by St. Albert Montessori School Ltd.
Location St. Albert, AB
Earnings $16.50 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Mar 16, 2018
St. Albert Montessori School Ltd.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
- Montessori Early Childhood Teacher Certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- 5 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
- Day care centre or nursery school
Security and Safety
- Child welfare check
- Criminal record check
- Vulnerable sector check
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
- Establish guidelines for behaviour
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Mar 16, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in instructing and guiding children in the development of proper eating, dressing and personal hygiene; in leading children in activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, providing opportunities for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play, music and physical fitness, and taking them to local points of interest
Interest in handling to prepare and demonstrate the use of craft materials and to demonstrate the use of simple musical instruments
Interest in compiling information to develop daily activities for children; may plan and organize activities for school and children in child care programs before and after regular school hours; may supervise and co-ordinate the activities of other early childhood educators and assistants
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.