Drywall Installer Posted on Nov 02, 2017 by Tauri Builders Inc.
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $26.50 hourly
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 5 Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 27, 2017
Tauri Builders Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
Drywall Installer and Finisher Specific Skills
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 27, 2017
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to mix plaster ingredients in troughs to desired consistency
Interest in precision working to finish corners and angles
Interest in producing decorative surfaces and in creating decorative textures and designs as required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation. It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.