Drywall Installer Posted on Oct 16, 2017 by Fortis LGS Structures Inc.
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $26.00 to $38.00 hourly
Work Hours 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 5 Vacancies
Closing Date Jan 20, 2018
Fortis LGS Structures Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Instruct apprentices
Area of Specialization
Erect structural steel
- Prefab/shop fabrication
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
Drywall Installer and Finisher Specific Skills
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
How to Apply
Jan 20, 2018
Interest in copying information to mix plaster ingredients in troughs to desired consistency
Interest in precision working to finish corners and angles
Interest in producing decorative surfaces and in creating decorative textures and designs as required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation. It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.