Early Childhood Assistant Posted on Feb 09, 2018 by St. Albert Montessori School Ltd.
Location St. Albert, AB
Earnings $14.00 to $16.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Mar 11, 2018
St. Albert Montessori School Ltd.
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
Experience with Special Needs Children
- Children with behavioural issues
- Children with a mental health disability
- Children with allergies
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Child development assistant (ECE level 1)
Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- Bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
2 years to less than 3 years
- 5 years
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties
- Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
Day care centre or nursery school
Security and Safety
- Child abuse registry check
- Criminal record check
- Basic security clearance
- Vulnerable sector check
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Values and ethics
Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
- Knowledge of licensing regulations
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Mar 11, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in instructing and guiding children in the development of proper eating, dressing and personal hygiene; in leading children in activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, providing opportunities for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play, music and physical fitness, and taking them to local points of interest
Interest in handling to prepare and demonstrate the use of craft materials and to demonstrate the use of simple musical instruments
Interest in compiling information to develop daily activities for children; may plan and organize activities for school and children in child care programs before and after regular school hours; may supervise and co-ordinate the activities of other early childhood educators and assistants
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.