Early Childhood Educator Assistant Posted on Feb 13, 2018 by Little Steps Academy Day Home
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $19.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2 Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 15, 2018
Little Steps Academy Day Home
Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
1 year to less than 2 years
- 5 years
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- Infant (3 months - 11 months)
- Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants
Day care centre or nursery school
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
Work Location Information
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Values and ethics
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Mar 15, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in instructing and guiding children in the development of proper eating, dressing and personal hygiene; in leading children in activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, providing opportunities for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play, music and physical fitness, and taking them to local points of interest
Interest in handling to prepare and demonstrate the use of craft materials and to demonstrate the use of simple musical instruments
Interest in compiling information to develop daily activities for children; may plan and organize activities for school and children in child care programs before and after regular school hours; may supervise and co-ordinate the activities of other early childhood educators and assistants
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.