Early Childhood Program Staff Assistant Posted on Nov 15, 2017 by Summit Kids
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $15.00 to $16.00 hourly
Work Hours 32 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4 Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 15, 2017
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
Experience an asset
- 5 years
- Up to 12 years
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
- Child care centre
- Before and after school programs
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Vulnerable sector check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Values and ethics
Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 15, 2017
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in instructing and guiding children in the development of proper eating, dressing and personal hygiene; in leading children in activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, providing opportunities for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play, music and physical fitness, and taking them to local points of interest
Interest in handling to prepare and demonstrate the use of craft materials and to demonstrate the use of simple musical instruments
Interest in compiling information to develop daily activities for children; may plan and organize activities for school and children in child care programs before and after regular school hours; may supervise and co-ordinate the activities of other early childhood educators and assistants
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation. It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.