Electrical Design Engineer Posted on Mar 14, 2018 by ICE Western Sales Ltd.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $30.00 to $40.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Mar 28, 2018
ICE Western Sales Ltd.
Other trades certificate or diploma or equivalent experience
5 years or more
Area of Work Experience
- Quality assurance or control
- Project management
- Project planning
- Operations or production
- Occupational health and safety
- Installation, maintenance and inspection of equipment or facilities
- Education or training
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Office
- Program programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
Supervise technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers
Area of Specialization
- Plant maintenance engineering
- Electronic test equipment
- Electronics (industrial)
- Data processing and systems
- Power generation, transmission or distribution
- Control system
Manufacturing and industrial plant
Type of Service and Repair
Pneumatic and electro-pneumatic sequential control system
- Supervise and inspect the installation and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance
- Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Design electrical and electronic components, systems and equipment
- Investigate electrical or electronic failures
Security and Safety
Basic security clearance
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
Computer and Technology Knowledge
Programmable logic controller (PLC)
Inspection or Testing Specialization
Electrical assemblies, equipment and wiring
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Mar 28, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in synthesizing information to develop maintenance and operating standards and to investigate failures
Interest in precision working to design electrical and electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment
Interest in supervising technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers; and in overseeing the installation, modification, testing and operation of systems and equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.