Electrical Engineer Posted on Apr 06, 2018 by Off The X Inc.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $60,000.00 to $100,000.00 annually
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Apr 20, 2018
Off The X Inc.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association
Experience an asset
Area of Work Experience
- Research and development
- Operations or production
- Installation, maintenance and inspection of equipment or facilities
Area of Specialization
- Electronic test equipment
- Electronics (industrial)
- Control system
- System integration
Electrical or electronic equipment manufacturing
- Supervise and inspect the installation and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications
- Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Design electrical and electronic components, systems and equipment
- Conduct feasibility, design operation and performance research of electrical generation and distribution networks
- Investigate electrical or electronic failures
Security and Safety
- Top secret clearance
- Criminal record check
- Confidential security clearance
- Basic security clearance
- Enhanced reliability security clearance
- Secret clearance
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
- Willing to travel internationally
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Sound discrimination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Apr 20, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in synthesizing information to develop maintenance and operating standards and to investigate failures
Interest in precision working to design electrical and electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment
Interest in supervising technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers; and in overseeing the installation, modification, testing and operation of systems and equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.