Electrician, Plant Maintenance Posted on Feb 07, 2018 by Concorde Airport Services
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $37.80 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 27, 2018
Concorde Airport Services
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Industrial Electrician Red Seal Certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Interpret electrical code specifications
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
- Basic security clearance
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- At heights
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 27, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to install, examine, replace and repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components, and to install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices
Interest in analyzing to troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
Interest in speaking - signalling to conduct preventative maintenance programs; and in keeping maintenance records
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.