Engineer, Software Posted on Feb 06, 2018 by Microhard Systems Inc.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 annually
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Mar 08, 2018
Microhard Systems Inc.
- MS Windows
- Linux - VxWorks RTOS
- Linux - PSOS
- Environment - Client/Server
Operating Systems and Software
5 years or more
Area of Specialization
- Collect and document user's requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- Visual Basic
- Visual C++ / MFC
- VB Script
- COM / COM+ / DCOM / MTS / ActiveX
- Tool Command Language (TCL)
- Shell script
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Basic security clearance
- Willing to travel
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Device drivers
- Networking software
- Networking hardware
- Networking security
- Security software
- Mail server software
- Communication software
- Programming software
- Programming languages
- Software development
- Enterprise Applications Integration (EAI)
- Desktop applications
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in synthesizing information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
Interest in precision working to assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
Interest in consulting to plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems; may lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.