Flat Roofer Posted on Nov 08, 2017 by West Point Roofing Inc.
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $26.80 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 8 Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 08, 2018
West Point Roofing Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
3 years to less than 5 years
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
Area of Specialization
- Conventional and inverted built-up system
- Single ply sheet membrane roofing system
- Modified roofing system
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- At heights
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
Roofer Specific Skills
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Edmonton, Alberta T6E0E3
Edmonton, Alberta T6E0E3
Feb 08, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to apply waterproof coatings to concrete and other masonry surfaces above, and below, ground level
Interest in operating hand and power tools to install and repair metal roofs
Interest in repairing roofing systems, and in installing, repairing and replacing shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation. It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.