Foreman/Woman, Asphalt Paving Posted on Jan 03, 2018 by Knelsen Sand & Gravel Ltd.
Location La Crête, AB
Earnings $101,000.00 to $140,000.00 annually
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 02, 2018
Knelsen Sand & Gravel Ltd.
Other trades certificate or diploma
Major Work Area
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
First Aid Certificate
5 years or more
- Heavy equipment operators, except crane
Type of Industry Experience
- Train or arrange for training
- Supervise workers and projects
- Recommend personnel actions
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Co-ordinate and schedule activities
- Co-ordinate work activities with other project supervisors or managers
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Read blueprints and drawings
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Basic security clearance
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
- Driver's abstract
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Ability to Supervise
- More than 20 people
- Working groups
- Staff in various areas of responsibility
Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
10005 100 Street Box 125
La Crete, Alberta T0H2H0
Feb 02, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising the activities of workers who operate cranes and construction, paving, drilling, railway maintenance and other similar heavy equipment; may supervise activities of related workers
Interest in co-ordinating and scheduling the activities of workers on heavy construction equipment crews; and in resolving problems; may co-ordinate and schedule the activities of apprentices, helpers and labourers
Interest in understanding the functioning of equipment and machinery and procedures used by heavy construction equipment crews
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation. It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.