Foreman/Woman, Orchard Posted on Feb 21, 2018 by Birds and Bees Winery Inc.
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $18.43 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Mar 23, 2018
Birds and Bees Winery Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Bulk handling system
1 year to less than 2 years
- Perform general farm duties
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Maintain work records and logs
Area of Specialization
Agricultural crop service
Type of Product
Type of Farm Operations
Tree and orchard fruit
Type of Crops
Security and Safety
- Basic security clearance
- Enhanced reliability security clearance
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Large workload
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Ability to Supervise
Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Remote location
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
Agricultural Service Contractors Specific Skills
- Provide agricultural crop services such as plowing, irrigating, cultivating, spraying or harvesting
- Assist in the development and implementation of farm safety and bio-security procedures
Farm Supervisors Specific Skills
- Co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers
- Develop work schedules and establish procedures
- Supervise and oversee breeding and other livestock-related programs
- Supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations
- Ensure farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
Landscape and Horticulture Technicians and Specialists Specific Skills
- Fruit trees training
- Maintain and manage growth of vines, vine canopy and grapes
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Mar 23, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in handling equipment to perform general farm duties; and in maintaining livestock performance records and in training horses
Interest in co-ordinating information to formulate feeding programs
Interest in supervising feeding, health and breeding programs; may supervise general farm workers and harvesting labourers
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.