Front Desk Agent Posted on Mar 06, 2018 by Georgetown Inn
Location Canmore, AB
Earnings $13.60 to $16.00 hourly
Work Hours 37.5 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Apr 05, 2018
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
7 months to less than 1 year
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Word processing software
- Central reservation system (CRS)
- Computerized bookkeeping system
Hotel, motel, resort
- Take, cancel and change room reservations
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services
- Process group arrivals and departures
- Process guests' departures, calculate charges and receive payments
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying)
- Follow emergency and safety procedures
- Handle wake-up calls
- Provide customer service
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Staff accommodation available
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Apr 05, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in speaking with people to provide information and respond to guests' complaints
Interest in compiling information for preparing and checking daily record sheets, guests' accounts, receipts and vouchers
Interest in operating computerized and manual systems to collect and verify guests' accounts
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.