General Construction Labourer Posted on Mar 19, 2018 by Accurate Concrete Cutting & Coring Inc.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $17.00 to $20.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date May 16, 2018
Accurate Concrete Cutting & Coring Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Mortar and concrete mixers
- Concrete saws
- Concrete vibrators
- Reciprocating saws
1 year to less than 2 years
- Industrial, commercial and institutional
Area of Specialization
- Truck driving
- Renovating and restoring
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Mix, pour and spread materials
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Level earth to fine grade specifications
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Assist in demolishing buildings
- Assist in framing houses, erecting walls and building roofs
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
Surface Preparation Experience
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety vest
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- At heights
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client focus
- Quick learner
Drywall Installer and Finisher Specific Skills
Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 16, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing to sort, clean and pile salvaged materials; in removing rubble and other debris using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment; in cleaning up chemical spills and other contaminants, and removing asbestos and other hazardous materials; and in directing traffic at, or near, construction sites
Interest in operating pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers; and in tending and feeding machines and equipment such as mixers, compressors and pumps
Interest in assisting to drill and blast rock, to align pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction and to demolish buildings using prying bars and other tools
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.