General Labourer - Manufacturing Posted on Feb 27, 2018 by Varsteel Ltd.
Location Lethbridge, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $22.00 hourly
Work Hours 44 to 72 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Mar 29, 2018
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Perform other labouring and elemental activities
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Check and weigh materials and products
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
How to Apply
Mar 29, 2018
Interest in comparing information to clean work areas and equipment
Interest in handling to transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually and using powered equipment
Interest in checking and weighing materials and products
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.