General Office Clerk Posted on Mar 12, 2018 by J&S Food Service
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $15.00 to $17.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Mar 26, 2018
J&S Food Service
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience an asset
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel
- MS Windows
- MS Word
- Accounting software
- MS Outlook
Area of Specialization
- Financial statements
- Forms and records
Retail/wholesale establishment/distribution centre
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents
- Store, update and retrieve financial data
- Sort, process and verify applications, receipts and other documents
- Send and receive messages
- Provide general information to clients and the public
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks
- Locate and remove files requested
- Label, file and retrieve documents
- Compile data, statistics and other information
- Receive and forward telephone or electronic enquiries
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Process incoming and outgoing mail manually or electronically
- Prepare invoices and bank deposits
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
- File material in storage area
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Positive attitude
- Quick learner
- Time management
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
6040 Gateway Blvd
Edmonton , Alberta T6H2H6
Mar 26, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling applications, licences, permits, contracts, registrations, requisitions and other forms and documents according to established procedures, guidelines and schedules; and in maintaining inventories of office supplies and ordering supplies
Interest in speaking with staff to assist in the co-ordination of administrative procedures such as budget submissions, contracts administration and work schedules; may organize and co-ordinate flow of work for general office clerks, and data entry clerks
Interest in operating computerized systems to process administrative forms and documents
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.