Graphic Designer Posted on Nov 20, 2017 by Sensoplex Canada Inc.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $28.85 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 20, 2017
Sensoplex Canada Inc.
Operating Systems and Software
7 months to less than 1 year
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Adobe Illustrator
- Corel Draw
- Adobe Suite
- Social Media
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe Freehand
- Autodesk 3ds Max
- Estimate costs of materials and time to complete graphic designs and illustrations
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Adapt existing illustrations
Work Site Environment
- Air conditioned
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Large workload
- Tight deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
Graphic Designer Specific Skills
- Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials
- Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication
- Develop the graphic elements that meet the clients' objectives
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements
- Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides
- Establish guidelines for illustrators or photographers
- Co-ordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials
- Co-ordinate sub-contracting
Illustrator Specific Skills
- Consult with clients to determine the nature and content of illustrations in order to meet their communications needs
- Develop and produce realistic or representational sketches and final illustrations
- Assist in developing storyboards for electronic productions
- Produce 2-D and 3-D animated drawings or computer illustrations
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
300, 5 Richard Way SW
Calgary, Alberta T3E7M8
Dec 20, 2017
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in synthesizing information to prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements of the subjects to be rendered using traditional tools, multimedia software and image processing, layout and design software; and in determining the medium best suited to produce desired visual effects and most appropriate vehicle for communication
Interest in precision working to co-ordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual and electronic materials such as Web sites, CD-ROMs and interactive terminals; and in estimating costs of materials and time to complete designs
Interest in consulting with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communication materials in order to meet their needs; in supervising other graphic designers or graphic arts technicians, in co-ordinating the work of sub-contractors, and in working in a multidisciplinary environment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation. It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.