Group Home Worker Posted on Apr 13, 2018 by Next Step Residential Services Ltd.
Location Medicine Hat, AB
Earnings $15.00 to $18.00 hourly
Work Hours 20 to 264 hours per month
Position Permanent Part Time
Vacancies 2 Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 27, 2018
Next Step Residential Services Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Medication Administration Certificate
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Certificate
- Community disability studies Certificate
- Mental health first aid Certificate
- Behaviour management Certification
- Developmental services worker¿(DSW)¿Training
1 year to less than 2 years
- Administrative and office activities
- Housekeeping activities
- Food preparation
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Private residence
- Group home
- Resolve conflict situations
- Supervise activities of clients living in group homes and half-way houses
- Implement behaviour management programs
- Establish registry of special needs support workers
- Maintain program statistics for purposes of evaluation and research
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement the delivery of specific services within the community
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Persons with physical disabilities
- Persons with mental health disabilities
- Persons with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- Persons with learning disabilities
- Persons with an intellectual disability
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
- Adult Abuse Registry
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Work under pressure
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Staff accommodation available
Type of Community or Social Service
Socio-economic needs or conditions (housing, nutrition, unemployment, financial assistance)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Apr 27, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in consulting with social assistance recipients and pensioners to advise and aid them in locating and utitizing a variety of community resources; in referring clients to other social services; in counselling clients living in group homes and halfway houses and assisting in pre-release and release planning; in providing crisis intervention and emergency-shelter services; and in co-ordinating volunteer activities of community and social services organizations
Interest in compiling information to participate in the selection and admission of clients to appropriate programs; to assess clients' relevant skill strengths and deficits; and in maintaining contact with other social service agencies and health care providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on clients' overall progress
Interest in assisting clients to sort out options and develop plans of action, and in implementing and organizing the delivery of life-skills workshops, substance-abuse treatment programs, behaviour management programs, youth services programs and other community and social service programs under the supervision of social workers and health care professionals
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.