Guest Service Agent Posted on Apr 16, 2018 by BEST WESTERN Plus PORT O'CALL HOTEL
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $14.50 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time Leading to Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Apr 30, 2018
BEST WESTERN Plus PORT O'CALL HOTEL
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Customer Sales and Service Agent Specific Skills
Work with minimal supervision
- Completion of high school
- Not applicable
1 year to less than 2 years
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Take, cancel and change room reservations
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services
- Process group arrivals and departures
- Process guests' departures, calculate charges and receive payments
- Investigate and resolve complaints and claims
- Exchange foreign currency
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
- Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying)
- Provide general information about points of interest in the area
- Follow emergency and safety procedures
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
Security and Safety
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Apr 30, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in speaking with people to provide information and respond to guests' complaints
Interest in compiling information for preparing and checking daily record sheets, guests' accounts, receipts and vouchers
Interest in operating computerized and manual systems to collect and verify guests' accounts
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.